The LinkedIn Comment Thread can be found here.
This post is for STORIES related to the Last Lin Theme: “The sands of time had run out,” or “…the sands of time had run out.” Your story must end with these seven words. Critiques, comments and feedback are encouraged on the LinkedIn Comment Thread; non story comments here will be deleted.
The point of these friendly contests is to hone our craft and create successful stories within a predefined set of limitations. There is no monetary compensation.
Please Note: comments may be considered “published” in regards to other contest requirements.
All stories are fall under general copyright laws. No part may be reproduced without the express consent of the respective author.
Story Submission Rules:
One story per author. Stories must be in English, unpublished and your own work.
Stories must fit into a single comment box and must be under 1000 words.
Voting starts Wednesday morning at 9:00am PDT / 12:00pm EST / 10:30pm IST / 5:00pm WET/GMT/ 4:00am AEDT (Thursday) and ends the same time on Thursday / 4:00am AEDT (Friday). Send your votes via email LIFlashFiction (at) gmail.com. Winner will be announced in the Comment and Story thread.
- You may vote only once and cannot vote for yourself.
- In order for your story to qualify you must submit your top 5 votes.
- The winner shall name the next week’s writing prompt.
- In case of ties, co-winners may be announced and the moderator shall select a winner to name the theme.
- The winner has three days after the announcement to contact either Alice Nelson or Carrie Zylka via LIFlashFiction(at)gmail.com with the next theme/items of their choosing.
See How to Participate for complete rules and disclaimers.