This post is for stories related to the Contest theme: “Clouds”.
The clouds can be storm clouds, chem trails, sunset clouds, mist clouds, rain clouds or tornado clouds. The prompt is fairly open. It can even be clouds of depression or bad mood clouds.
1. A boat or a goat
2. A ring or an unusual thing
3. A wooden box or a red fox
The author can use any combination of the above, but he or she must choose one from each of the three groups.
Each of the three elements must play a part in the story. They must be connected to the clouds in some form.
Word limit: 1000.
- This is the thread for stories as well as general comments. Say hello and be sure to check the “Notify me of follow-up comments by email” box for email notifications.
- To leave feedback/Comments directly relating to a particular story – click “reply” to the story comment.
- Specific critiques, comments, and feedback are encouraged. If you do not want honest professional feedback do not post a story.
- Keep feedback and critiques to a civil and constructive level, please. Please critique stories for construction, style, flow, grammar, punctuation, and so on. The moderator has the right to delete any comments that appear racist, inflammatory or bullying.
Please Note: comments may be considered “published” in regards to other contest requirements.
All stories are fall under general copyright laws. No part may be reproduced without the express consent of the respective author.
Story Submission Rules:
- One story per author. You may post more than one but only the first story will qualify for voting.
- Stories must be in English, unpublished and your own work.
- Stories must fit into a single comment box and must be less than 1000 words.
Voting starts Wednesday morning at 9:00am PDT / 12:00pm EST / 10:30pm IST / 5:00pm WET/GMT/ 4:00am AEDT (Thursday) and ends the same time on Thursday / 4:00am AEDT (Friday).
- You may vote only once.
- You cannot vote for yourself.
***the next writing prompt will be chosen by Alice Nelson per the Writing Prompt Roster.
To be included in the “writing prompt roster”, you must have submitted two stories in the last sixty days. The roster is alphabetical and can be found here.
See How to Participate for complete rules and disclaimers.