January 25 – February 14, 2024 Writing Prompt “A Song”
Theme: Remembrances of a Song Past
It has to have two lines from a song that the author or the main protagonist remembers from either
a meeting or an event that has had an impact on one’s life.
It must reference a precious item that was given to a family member.
- a song
- gift from a family member
Word Count: 1200
- This is the thread for stories as well as general comments. Say hello and be sure to check the “Notify me of follow-up comments by email” box for email notifications.
- To leave feedback/Comments directly relating to a particular story – click “reply” to the story comment.
- Specific critiques, comments, and feedback are encouraged. If you do not want honest professional feedback, do not post a story.
- Keep feedback and critiques to a civil and constructive level, please. Please critique stories for construction, style, flow, grammar, punctuation, and so on.
- The moderator has the right to delete any comments that appear racist, inflammatory or bullying.
Please Note: Comments may be considered “published” with regard to other contest requirements.
All stories are fall under general copyright laws. No part may be reproduced without the express consent of the respective author.
Story Submission Rules:
- One story per author. You may post more than one, but only the first story will qualify for voting.
- Stories must be in English, unpublished and your own work.
- AI Generated stories must be identified and must involve human involvement to qualify.
- Stories must fit into a single comment box and must stay within the word limit set for each contest.
- You may vote only once.
- You cannot vote for yourself.
- Stories must be posted no later than Wednesday morning at 8:00am PDT / 10:00am CST / 11:00am EST / 10:30pm IST / 4:00pm WET/GMT/ 6:00pm CET/1:00am AEDT (Thursday)
- Voting starts Wednesday morning at 10:00am PDT / 12:00pm CST / 1:00pm EST / 11:30pm IST / 6:00pm WET/GMT/ 8:00pm CET/5:00am AEDT (Thursday) and you have 24 hours to vote.
See How to Participate for complete rules and disclaimers.