Theme: Enduring Love
It’s what really matters. The people we have in our lives when we need to talk to them, the good and wise counsel, the listening ear.
No first or last line prompts, just the theme of Enduring Love, the rest is up to the writer.
Word Count: 1,200
A note from Ken F:
“As we endure the global fallout of Covid 19, it seems that many of us are having to re-evaluate what really matters in our lives. Many people have lost their jobs and are facing working from home which can be overwhelming if kids are in the mix or it can be very lonely, day in, day out, without physical, human contact, the hug, the kiss, the handshake.
Many others have lost their lives.
Some people have grown closer to their distant offspring or siblings through regular Zooms and the like. I know that is true for my wife and I with our two children. We now know who we really miss and who we can manage without.
Thus I would like to call my prompt, “Enduring love.” It’s what really matters. The people we have in our lives when we need to talk to them, the good and wise counsel, the listening ear.
No first or last line prompts, just the theme of Enduring Love over 1200 words and let our writers run with it.”
- This is the thread for stories as well as general comments. Say hello and be sure to check the “Notify me of follow-up comments by email” box for email notifications.
- To leave feedback/Comments directly relating to a particular story – click “reply” to the story comment.
- Specific critiques, comments, and feedback are encouraged. If you do not want honest professional feedback do not post a story.
- Keep feedback and critiques to a civil and constructive level, please. Please critique stories for construction, style, flow, grammar, punctuation, and so on. The moderator has the right to delete any comments that appear racist, inflammatory or bullying.
Please Note: Comments may be considered “published” regarding other contest requirements.
All stories are fall under general copyright laws. No part may be reproduced without the express consent of the respective author.
Story Submission Rules:
- One story per author. You may post more than one but only the first story will qualify for voting.
- Stories must be in English, unpublished and your own work.
- Stories must fit into a single comment box and must stay within the word limit set for each contest.
Voting starts Wednesday morning at 10:00am PDT / 1:00pm EST / 11:30pm IST / 6:00pm WET/GMT/ 8:00pm CET/5:00am AEDT (Thursday) and you have 24 hours to vote.
- You may vote only once.
- You cannot vote for yourself.
To be included in the “writing prompt roster”, you must have submitted two stories in the last sixty days. The roster is alphabetical and can be found here.
See How to Participate for complete rules and disclaimers.
The writing prompt for January 27, 2021, will be chosen by Marien Oommen.