1st Line Prompt “20th Class Reunion”
Theme: 20th Class Reunion
Story must start with “The interrogation room door opened …”
Word Count: 1,200
- Must be in first person.
- Don/Doris Wilner’s murder
(you do not have to include this paragraph in your story unless you want to. If you do the words will not count towards the 1200 word count.)
“It all started twenty-plus years ago.
I’d upset many of my classmates; it was them or me.
We’d made a date to meet at the north end of the stadium after the Friday night game.
I chickened out. He/She was more than a little unhappy—tough cookies.
At the reunion, everyone saw or heard Don/Doris slap my face. “I’ve waited twenty years to do that!”
I’d stayed longer than I’d planned and headed home.
Through the morning newspaper, I learned of Don/Doris Wilner’s murder.
There was only one suspect, and I didn’t have an alibi.”
The writer explains to the police why they murdered Don/Doris OR why they couldn’t have murdered him/her.
- This is the thread for stories as well as general comments. Say hello and be sure to check the “Notify me of follow-up comments by email” box for email notifications.
- To leave feedback/Comments directly relating to a particular story – click “reply” to the story comment.
- Specific critiques, comments, and feedback are encouraged. If you do not want honest professional feedback do not post a story.
- Keep feedback and critiques to a civil and constructive level, please. Please critique stories for construction, style, flow, grammar, punctuation, and so on. The moderator has the right to delete any comments that appear racist, inflammatory or bullying.
Please Note: Comments may be considered “published” regarding other contest requirements.
All stories are fall under general copyright laws. No part may be reproduced without the express consent of the respective author.
Story Submission Rules:
- One story per author. You may post more than one but only the first story will qualify for voting.
- Stories must be in English, unpublished and your own work.
- Stories must fit into a single comment box and must stay within the word limit set for each contest.
Voting starts Wednesday morning at 10:00am PDT / 1:00pm EST / 11:30pm IST / 6:00pm WET/GMT/ 8:00pm CET/5:00am AEDT (Thursday) and you have 24 hours to vote.
- You may vote only once.
- You cannot vote for yourself.
To be included in the “writing prompt roster”, you must have submitted two stories in the last sixty days. The roster is alphabetical and can be found here.
See How to Participate for complete rules and disclaimers.